Indian Overseas Bank lies in the public sector category and offers various products and services. IOB net banking facility is available to the customers holding savings and current accounts. It is free of cost, and customers can avail of it 24*7.
The bank’s online banking allows the customers to conduct transactions quickly and easily. It adds convenience and saves the customers’ time. The facility is available anytime you want without any restrictions.
IFSC code is quite significant in net banking transactions. It recognizes the specific bank branch that participates in the NEFT process. IFSC code carries the transactions electronically by sending messages to the bank branch.
We have brought together a blog that will guide you on IOB online banking.
Features and Services offered by IOB Net Banking
Indian Overseas Bank’s net banking facility provides several beneficial services to the bank customers. Some specific features and services are mentioned hereunder.
- You can transfer funds online with ease and in less time through an online banking facility. The bank opens online bank account quickly on request. It is easy to understand and operate.
- You can get various account-related details, including the latest bank transactions, the status of cheque book request, last cheque paid, balance inquiry, and viewing the PPF account.
- IOB’s digital banking facility allows you to make various online payments like tax payments (direct or indirect taxes), e-payment, and sales tax collection.
- You can also pay utility bills like electricity, gas, and water. You can also make insurance payments, mobile prepaid or postpaid payments, Fastag recharge, credit card, DTH, and internet charges.
- The online banking facility enables you to link all the available accounts like FDs, RDs, loans, insurance under a single login. With this, you can access all the accounts with a single online banking account.
- Indian Overseas Bank online banking keeps the account safe by informing you of any fraudulent activity. It warns you much before the fraud causes any severe damage to the account.
- The banking facility regularly updates you on bank products like loans, FDs, and other investment options.
How to Register for IOB Internet Banking?
1) Go to the IOB web portal. The official website is https://www.iobnet.co.in
2) Click on the register, and the registration form will appear. Click on ‘Register Individual’ if you are an individual user, or click ‘Register Corporate’ for corporate registration.
3) Fill in the required details. You will have to add details like the account holder’s name, residential address, mobile number, email, and bank account number in contact details.
4) An active email id is mandatory to open an internet banking account.
5) Type the captcha shown and submit the application.
6) The IOB branch will activate the account on receiving the application.
7) A password or PIN will be generated for registering to the net banking account. Please do not share it with anyone.
8) Login with the password. Please note that the login password and transaction PIN are different. The PIN is required for funds transfer, while the password is for login.
How to Transfer Funds using IOB Net Banking?
1) Visit the Indian Overseas Bank website and log in to the internet banking portal with a username and password.
2) Click on ‘Remittances’.
3) Choose Fund Transfer.
4) If the beneficiary’s bank account is with another bank apart from IOB, also choose ‘Other Bank – NEFT.’
5) After clicking on proceed option, fill in the details. You will have to fill transfer amount to, pay from, sender information, and amount.
6) The bank will require your Indian Overseas Bank IFSC code to conduct the transaction online.
7) Click on the transfer pin and choose the transfer funds option.
8) The bank will send an OTP. Enter the OTP and proceed
If you want to add in IOB net banking, follow the below steps.
1) Log in to the IOB portal https://www.iobnet.co.in
2) Enter username and password
3) Go to the Remittances tab. Choose ‘Add Payee’.
4) If the beneficiary’s account is other than IOB, click on ‘Other Bank Account.’
5) Fill in the beneficiary details like name, IFSC code, account number, and account type.
6) Click on Confirm after filling in the details.
7) Enter OTP. Click Approve payee.
8) The bank will activate the payee within 24 hours.
If you cannot find the correct IFSC code for the specific bank branch, Use ‘Find Your Bank.’
1) Visit the website https://findyourbank.in/ifsc-code/indian-overseas-bank
2) On the home page, enter the details like a branch, bank name, state, and district.
3) After you submit the details, the IFSC code will generate.
4) You can also find MICR and SWIFT codes from the Find Your Bank app.
How to Reset the Password for IOB Net Banking?
The customer has the right to change the password for IOB net banking many times or when the user has forgotten the password. Steps to reset the password are given below.
2) Select Individual or Corporate login based on the account type.
3) Click on Forgot password.
4) Enter login id and 15-digit IOB account number.
5) Enter email id.
6) Enter the captcha code.
7) Click continue
8) You will receive OTP on the registered mobile number.
9) Enter a new password and confirm.
10) Click submit.
How to Pay Credit Card Bills through IOB Net banking?
1) Login to your Indian Overseas Bank online banking account.
2) Click on the Credit Bill Payment option.
3) Choose between Minimum Amount Due or Total Amount Due, or other amounts.
4) Click on Confirm to accomplish the payment.
5) IOB will debit the amount instantly from your account. Your credit card will also credit simultaneously.
How to check the balance in Indian Overseas Bank?
1) Visit the IOB net banking portal.
2) Enter ID and password.
3) Log in to your IOB online banking account.
4) On logging in successfully, click on the view statement on the dashboard.
1) Who can register for IOB’s net banking facility?
All those are having an account in Indian Overseas Bank including current/savings, deposit/ loan, corporate, proprietary firms, societies, and trusts.
2) How to report if my IOB net banking account does not activate on applying to the bank?
In that case, you can contact the branch personally. The customer can also send an email to [email protected] or also call 044-28519460. You need to have the application number to get the status of the net banking account.
3) Do I have the option to add multiple beneficiaries to my IOB online account in a day?
Yes, you can add any number of beneficiaries to the net banking account in a single day. Indian Overseas Bank offers the service of adding a beneficiary to help you add regular contacts to transfer funds completely.
4) What should I do if I forgot the PIN?
In that case, you have to submit a letter to the branch requesting to reset the PIN. The IOB branch will generate a new PIN for the banking account. It will send the new PIN through the registered email that you provided to the bank.
5) How can I use IOB mobile banking app?
You need to download IOBMobile from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Open the app and enter the mobile number. Click on Generate OTP. Enter the OTP and click on Verify. Once the OTP is verified, re-enter the login password. Your mobile banking account gets activated.