The Kotak Mahindra Bank was founded in 1985, and it offers a varied range of banking facilities to its customers. Among these services include- commercial banking, retail banking, corporate investment banking, and the Kotak Mahindra Bank net banking facilities.
The Kotak Mahindra Bank was quick to adapt to the internet banking facilities to avail its customers of a multi-dimensional banking experience. Apart from the internet banking facility, the Kotak Mahindra Bank also has services like UPI banking, mobile and SMS banking, etc.
In this blog, you’ll learn all the details about the Kotak Mahindra Bank ltd net banking registration process, changing passwords, login steps, and different fund transfer procedures. So to not miss out on any important information, continue reading.
How to Activate Kotak Mahindra Bank Net Banking?
Kotak Mahindra Bank net Banking facilities are available 24*7, and it is a one-stop solution to all your banking needs. Activating the net banking facilities would relieve you from visiting your Kotak bank branch for all minor works.
You will be able to enjoy all net banking facilities from the comfort of your place once the services are activated. Apart from being convenient, Kotak Mahindra Bank ltd net banking facilities are very secure as they come with 256-bit encryption.
But first of all, to avail of these services, you will have to register for the Kotak Mahindra bank’s net banking. If you haven’t registered already, here are the easy and simple steps to follow to activate the same-
Option 1 :
This is an easy online method to register for online banking facilities. You can do so by calling the Kotak Mahindra Bank customer care service and requesting to avail of the internet banking services. The customer care executive will take down your request and guide you through the registration process.
Option 2 :
Another method to register for the Kotak Mahindra Bank net banking process is by physically visiting the branch. Here are the steps you’ll have to follow-
- First, download the channel access request form from Kotak bank’s website.
- Fill the form with all the details and submit the form to your nearest branch.
- After successfully submitting the form, you’ll receive your net banking login id and password within seven to ten working days.
Option 3 :
This is another online procedure for registering to Kotak Mahindra Bank’s net banking facilities. Here are the steps for the same-
- Visit the Kotak Mahindra Bank’s official website.
- Click on “log in” and then click on “register for netbanking option.”
- Enter your user name/ customer id/ CRN number
- You need to confirm the captcha.
- Accept the terms and conditions tab and click on “continue.”
- On the next page, you need to verify the details by answering two questions out of four and again clicking on “continue.”
- Now select a method to generate a net banking password and press “continue.”
- Enter the new password for net banking login and click on submit.
- After submitting, you become eligible for using the Kotak Mahindra Bank facilities.
How to Log in to Kotak Mahindra Bank Net Banking?
Follow the steps mentioned below to Kotak Mahindra Bank net banking login-
Option 1: If you are using your nickname for log in-
- Enter your nickname
- Enter your password
- Select where you want to redirect to in the website
- Finally, click on secure login.
Option 2: If you are using CRN for log in-
- Enter CRN number
- Enter your password
- From the drop-down menu, select where you want to land on the website
- Click on the secure login.
Option 3: If you are using a Forex card to log in-
- Enter your Forex card number
- Enter the net banking password
- Again from the drop-down menu, select where you want to land on the website
- Click on the secure login.
How to Set Transaction Password in Kotak Mahindra Bank Net Banking?
Follow these steps to know how to set your transaction password-
- Enter your nickname, customer ID, or forex number
- Enter the text displayed in the box
- Now click on accept terms and conditions box.
- After this, you will have to verify your details by entering the date of birth, registered email id, and phone number, etc.
- There will be a few questions; choose any of the two among them and provide correct answers.
- Now click on “proceed further.”
- Now you will have to choose from a few options to generate the new transaction password, and these options are- credit card details, debit card details, PIN, and secret questions.
- After selecting a method, click on “continue.”
- Now you will have to enter your new password of a minimum of six characters.
- Re-enter the password and again select “continue.”
- You have set your new transaction password, and it is ready to use.
How to Add Beneficiaries in Kotak Mahindra Bank Net Banking?
One of the prime uses of net banking facilities is sending money across to people online. However, to avail of this facility, you will have to add beneficiaries or payees. Let’s find out how you can add a beneficiary in Kotak Mahindra Bank net banking-
- Visit the official Kotak Mahindra bank website.
- Log in with your ID/CRN number and password.
- Select secure log in
- After this, you will receive an OTP.
- Click on the payment option.
- Now find the beneficiary option.
- Then you will find options regarding the beneficiary bank. If the beneficiary account belongs to the Kotak Mahindra Bank, then select “Kotak Bank,” and if it does not, then select the “other bank” option.
- Click on “add new beneficiary”.
- Now add beneficiary details like- name, account number, bank and branch name, mobile number.
- After submitting the details, you’ll receive an OTP.
- Enter the OPT and verify the details Click on “active now,” and your beneficiary has been added successfully.
How to Transfer Money Through Net Banking in Kotak Mahindra Bank?
The Kotak Mahindra Bank has offered various online fund transfer facilities like- NEFT, RTGS, and IMPS. By using these means, anyone can transfer money while sitting at their comfort place. These fund transfers are quick and efficient.
Let’s find out the steps of sending money through Kotak Mahindra Bank net banking process-
- Login to Kotak bank online banking portal
- Click on “fund transfer.”
- Select from IMPS, NEFT, or RTGS fund transfer mode
- Click on “fund transfer to account number.”
- Enter the beneficiary account number, IFSC code, account type, and the amount to be transferred.
- Next, you’ll have to enter the OTP
- After entering the OTP, your transaction will be successful, and you will receive a confirmation message.
You can send money following the same method within Kotak Mahindra Bank that is an intra-bank transfer, and send it to other banks as well, which is inter-bank transfers.
Also, make sure that you know the IFSC code of your beneficiary account to send money through any of the above methods. The IFSC code is important as it helps to identify the branch irrespective of its location.
You can find the Kotak Mahindra Bank IFSC code of all branches through the https://findyourbank.in/ website or through the find your mobile bank app.
How do I activate Kotak mobile banking?
You can activate Kotak mobile banking by contacting the bank customer care and following the instructions they provide. You can also visit your nearest Kotak Bank branch and submit the channel access request form, and duly fill it.
How can I log in to Kotak internet banking without OTP?
You can log in by putting your user id and password to Kotak bank internet banking. Placing the correct password for logging in won’t require you to use the OTP.
How do I know if my Kotak account is activated?
Once you follow all the steps of setting up the user id and password and click on continue, you’ll receive a confirmation message about your account being activated.
What is the user ID in Kotak Net Banking?
The user ID in Kotak net banking is a CIF number that you need when you register for internet banking or mobile banking. You can find this user ID or CIF number in your bank passbook, or you can ask for it in your nearest branch.
How can I know my customer ID in Kotak Mahindra Bank?
You can find the Kotak Mahindra Bank customer ID on the bottom left corner of your debit/credit card.